Saturday, October 21, 2006

Our daily morning walk

We walk every morning along the river, but don't usually take photos. However, Luke & Yuko's visits bring out the camera, so here we are... walking.

Setting out...

Sometimes we have a really good view of Mount Iwaki
- but this day the peak was hidden in the clouds.

During this season we see blue heron (can you see it?),

egrets, hawks, crows, and mallards.

Later this winter, the swans will fly down from Siberia.

We can barely see church and house
far across the rice fields under the cut in the hill.

I love the wild flowers.

And of course, we do this all for our dog! :-) Not really!
But she makes a good excuse!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Laurie, thanks for the nice pictures from you walks. I remember the few times I joined you family walk last year. May I would even find a picture with Mt Iwaki... as I usualy had my camera with me.

miss the time I was in Aomori-ken.

Laurie Elliot said...

We miss you, too, Hans!