Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Angela's Big Move - or, why I haven't been writing!

For many years (20) we worked alone in Ajigasawa. But in May 2005 a German OMF worker, Angela Menzel, joined us. Today she left us.


Angela Menzel (with her delicious Donauwellen Cake)

On Thursday last week she moved out of her own apartment into our home for the last few days before she left for a year's Home Assignment in Germany.


The moving crew

They had to be fed!


I don't know as though we actually relaxed this week! But with the move over and the weekend over we did have some fun yesterday. Angela made one of the richest, tastiest cakes I've had in a long time - Donauwellen Cake. Then we went to Suigun no Yado for a two hour soak before eating pizza toast (and more cake) while watching a DVD.

Donauwellen Cake


The flowers she bought us.
Yesterday morning Angela and I spent an hour praying before lunch. We've prayed together a lot this winter. I'm going to miss that. Our relationship was a bit like that line in an old Joanie Mitchell song "You don't know what you've got till its gone."

2 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

I am sure you will miss Angela a lot.

Laurie Elliot said...

Yes. I will.

We miss you, too, even though your stay was much shorter! God always brings such interesting people into our lives.