Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Going Back to the Beginning

My friend sent this photo after her father died a few weeks ago.

Margaret Kuehl with her father, Pastor Waterman

I did not realize just how old he had gotten! I've been away a long time...

I first met the Waterman family when I was just 13 and our family joined the church planting effort in Somers, Connecticut. It was a seminal experience.

I found a website the other day that recaptured those days for me: Reproducing to Fill the Earth . The web site is all about house churches. But it reminds me a lot of the CB Churches Now church planting effort of the 1960s and 1970s.

I feel like I've been floundering for a long while knowing what's wrong... but with the help of Dick Scoggins, Marva Dawn, and Father Nicolaus... I'm going back to where I started.

Of course none of the folk I just mentioned were there when I started!

No comments: