Monday, July 02, 2007

Other People Take Photos!

Other people take photos. My sister, for instance, is fearless! She takes photos of everyone and everything... and she doesn't wait until the party is over.

But this photo was taken on Alex's camera.


John & Laurie Elliot, (Laurie's sister) Ruth & Martin Ghent,
and Alex Fung
Alex was actually the Ghents' short term worker, not ours. But I've had a soft spot in my heart for him ever since I walked into that meeting where I first met him and he stuck out his hand and said, "Hi! I'm Alex!"

I had been rather dreading meeting the team that evening because I so often find teams are inward focused or somehow disinterested in the wider picture in a way that makes me feel like they haven't got much time for extraneous missionaries. Not Alex and his buddies. They were great!

I'm so GLAD to see him back in Japan.

No comments: