Sunday, November 18, 2007

No Dourness Here!

I have read that during the process of canonization the Catholic Church demands proof of joy in the candidate, and although I have not been able to track down chapter and verse I like the suggestion that dourness is not a sacred attribute.

- Phyllis McGinley

as quoted in "A Long Obedience in the Same Direction


I'm really not expecting to be canonized as a saint, but I want it on record: even when I am tired or hassled, I still am a very happy person. I feel truly blessed!

Sarah's Early Birthday

This photo reminds me of so many of my blessings!

We have a lot of fun in our house, a fact perhaps illustrated better by another photo, but I wanted this one because it shows the sisters together.

We laugh a lot around this table. In fact, I can't imagine our lives without a good belly laugh every day.

No comments: