Friday, March 21, 2008

As a hen gathers her chicks under her wings...

Easter is unseasonably early this year and I feel its kind of whizzing by without due reflection. I'm so glad for the forced pause when we light the candles each week.


Lighting the Lenten Candles

Last Sunday we had our traditional hen cake for Palm Sunday and reflected on Jesus' words:

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, `Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' "

Matthew 23"37,38.



Hen Cake for Palm Sunday

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem ...how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. "

The saddest words ... but you were not willing.

No comments: