Friday, December 26, 2008

2008 Christmas Highlights

Highlights... for me the highlights are always the music and the lights... and of course family.

Christmas Eve in Ajigasawa

For several years now we've done 9 Lessons and Carols on Christms Eve in Ajigasawa Chapel and while its not very grand - nothing like the Handel's Messiah Concert - its beautiful in its own way.

Christmas Morning

I will admit to being a bit disappointed at first that no one wanted to join us this Christmas... we usually have a couple of short term missionaries and one or more English teachers/international students. But we did have Luke's family and a very fine breakfast - Mary made cinnamon rolls with raisins and walnuts.


Elliots and Ghents

And we spent a pleasant afternoon with my sister's family. After lunch and presents we watched Bethany's new video, "Christmas Card." At least one member of the party hated it... too much drinking, kissing and patriotism (in church) ... but I rather liked it. In fact I loved those two meddling old men scheming for their daughter/niece's happiness.

And it kind of captured my own Christmas feelings evne though I haven't written any Christmas card, drunk any French wine and no soldiers spent their leave with us.

No comments: