Saturday, December 26, 2009

Culinary pleasures at the Year's End

I had time to post these photos I took back at the beginning of December. (I don't have time now either!)

Chinese Century Egg (bought in Tokyo)

My Chinese tutor loves to feed me... and I love to oblige by trying anything she serves me. My husband was not as excited as I was about these century eggs (also known as preserved eggs, hundred-year eggs, thousand-year eggs and thousand-year-old eggs) but he obliged me by trying them. He declined a second serving, but I think he didn't entirely disliked them.

Century eggs, steamed buns and something hot and chewy

On New Years Eve some of my Chinese friends are coming and we plan to make jiaozi (Chinese dumplings). This suits my husband's rather conservative culinary tastes much better!

No comments: