Sunday, January 24, 2010

Live courageously - go against the flow

In our fast-paced society it is easy to live in reaction mode and never really ponder why we do what we do. It takes a lot of effort and strength of character to go against the flow. It takes courage and perseverance to make choices that are not the prevailing view. People need encouragement to live confidently in the calling God has on their life. Our culture (and even the church) promotes busyness, drivenness, and trying to do things that God has not specifically called us as individuals to do. My hope is to be a supportive friend to others on the journey. - Sallie


I would suggest you read the whole of the article Two Talent Living . I liked what A Quiet Simple Life had to say in the context of music so much that I bookmarked it. Consequently I've been back several times... and I have to say this article is one that I think should be required reading for every missionary - no, EVERY Christian!

Oswald Chambers wrote in My Utmost for His Highest, "The author who benefits you most is not the one who tells you something you did not know before, but the one who gives expression to the truth that has been dumbly struggling in you for utterance." - Sallie

2 comments:

Tim and Susan said...

I look forward to reading these...what a good daddy, rocking his baby. Pretty table all set for tea.

Laurie Elliot said...

:-) I enjoy reading your blogs, too, Susan!