Tuesday, February 09, 2010

A thousand miles of kanji...

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Today I finished the last assignment/exam of the semester. During the 6 weeks between semesters I hope to implement my latest plan to master the joyo kanji this year - reading middle school textbooks with longsuffering Daughter # 3, who is fortunately a great fan of both Japanese textbooks and her parents' further language development!

The Great Wall - March 1989

Sigh... It seems like I've begun this journey so many times! But perhaps if I keep putting one foot in front of the other, and picking myself up and going on when I fall...

6 comments:

Nick said...

One thing I've always appreciated about you guys was your saying that we know God will provide for tomorrow because of how He has provided in the past. I still wake up some mornings thinking that.

Anonymous said...

I know you can do it, Aunt Laurie!! I'm so proud of you for bravely taking it on.

love,
Sarah Mae

*cq* said...

learning Chinese at the same time probably doesn't help!

thanks for teaching me - "putting one foot in front of the other, and picking myself up and going on when I fall..."

Laurie Elliot said...

:-) I can never decide whether the Chinese makes it easier or harder!

Thank you, Sarah, I need the encouragement just now.

But you just reminded me of how to pray, Nick.

Laurie Elliot said...

Siqin, where are you?! You aren't really in Washington are you?

Willardsdaughter said...

Have you tried smart.fm? It's my new favorite Japanese study tool, although my study time has gotten nuked since I have taken the helm of a math class . . .

God bless you!