Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Looking from the right angle

My (youngest) sister likes to say its all about perspective. And truly I think she's right...

Elliots and Ghents - Bethany's Birthday

Her favorite story - or at least the one she has often told me to illustrate this point - is about the young people in Goshogawara Church years ago putting on concerts. After pulling off one roaring success they encountered technical problems in their second concert. As tempers frayed the audience became uneasy. How much better, she likes to say, to have given up their ideal of a 2nd roaring success and met their problems with good cheer.

I like the old proverb about black clouds and silver linings. Or as one of my favorite hymns suggest... when feeling tempest tossed, count your blessings!

No comments: