Saturday, February 25, 2012

# 3 Honesty, poetry & light in the dark

My Chinese class at the university last semester consisted of 3 students – me, a Korean exchange student, a Chinese-Japanese girl, our teacher and his assistant. Two of us were Christians. Needless to say it was an unusual class!

Sometime between the Winter English Camp and our last Chinese class the other Christian and I engaged in  some serious discussion about God in the dark times and this encouraged me to write about some of my/our spiritual struggle -and how God met me in them (although I’m not sure my teacher got that part) - for my last class presentation. (If you read Chinese, its HERE.)

Next week he’s going back to Korea and so tonight he came with his sister to visit us in Ajigasawa. We called in the young man who works at the Machinery Dealer next door and then we all made Chinese dumplings together. Not very good dumplings, but lots of fun!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And I needed a bit of fun. I’m not packed, everything seems to be in unhappy confusion…   the travel agent had just called to say she only had tickets at 3-4 times the usual price and our tentative replacement for April – June has just receded another two weeks into the distance making it a 6 week blank yet unfilled…  Not good!

Altogether, I feel like there are just a few too many unknowns in my life just now! So these verses in this morning’s Bible passage really touched a chord:

Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the word of his servant? Let him who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God.

No comments: