Tuesday, March 20, 2012

# 22 Tea Parties

Tomorrow we’re having a tea party. The girls are all excited. I don’t know if Grace remembers the tea parties we had together in Japan but she’s been reading Annie and Snowball and the Tea Cup Club.  And she has some high expectations!

09.03.09.TeaParty.09

March 2009 in Kazamaura

My sister and I started the family tea party tradition years ago in order to teach our children manners. I don’t know as though it was effective for that purpose. But the kids loved it and it satisfies my craving for beauty.

Tea and Sympathy

And perhaps I was spurred on by Edith Schaeffer’s books Hidden Art and What is a Family – two books well worth reading!

A pause in the busy-ness, a pretty table, a little feast with friends ….  Tea parties are part of the richness of my life.

No comments: