Thursday, March 29, 2012

# 29 My little sweet little buddy

With his big smile and cheerful disposition, Judah is everyone’s sweetheart. But he’s “my little buddy.”

He had to give up the crib to his little brother but he’s too much mischief and  way, way too much distraction when his sisters are supposed to be going to sleep so he’s been sleeping in my room.

During the day we read books together and go on expeditions. He’s also my regular companion at morning and evening prayers in Wycliffe Chapel and he’s quite good for a not quite-two-year old!

His parents named him Judah in honour of the line and tribe of Christ, who is the "Lion of the tribe of Judah with special reference to the prophetic passage of Genesis 49:8-12, especially v.10 which reads:
“The scepter will not depart from Judah,
nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet,
until he to whom it belongs [ie. "Shiloh"] shall come
and the obedience of the nations shall be his.”

I always call him Judah but I love the meaning of his Japanese name "Motoi" (基) . It is the kanji character meaning "foundation." It is also one of the two characters used to read "Christ" (基督). His parents say they had in mind the hymn "The Church's One Foundation."

He’s such a sweet little fellow and a blessing to all of us. But I’m especially blessed by the fact that he’s such a willing partner at Morning and Evening Prayers!

No comments: