Monday, March 12, 2012

3rd Sunday of Lent - 3/11 Memorial

But I missed it all…

I still have a bum knee so I was going to stay home and go to the Mandarin Church meeting in Wycliffe College Founder’s  Chapel.

Instead I stayed home and threw up all morning and slept most of the afternoon.

The kids are also a bit under the weather. Colds I think but definitely not their usual cheerful selves. So the three older kids went to Knox with their father in the morning as usual but came home and Yuko went alone to the afternoon service at the Japanese Church which included a half hour memorial service for the March 11 Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami. A lot of tears as some members had lost friends.

Daughter # 4 says that back in Ajigasawa the Lenten meditation was :  

“I am the gate;
whoever enters through me
will be saved.
They will come in and go out,
and find pasture.”
- John 10:9

And my husband sent a photo of Elisha taken after the service. He was sitting up in a high chair for the first time!

March 11, 2012, Elisha in high chiar

We have experienced so much loss in the last year that we sometimes forget. There has been a lot of gain and a lot of joy as well.

No comments: