Monday, April 09, 2012

# 36 Our Own Traditions

120406_202740

Back in Ajigasawa – Elisha with the Rooster Cake

To be truthful, although we attended a Good Friday service – a very special joint service for Japanese churches in Toronto – it somehow didn’t feel very much like Good Friday.

We met so many people from our past – even some we hadn’t met in 30 + years! And, of course, we made new friends. But I missed our own traditions!

Back in Ajigasawa it was, Mary reports,  the ‘Smallest group we ever had, but was good.”

I missed the Last Supper meal of unleavened bread and lamb that speaks of salvation and deliverance.

And I missed the rooster cake that reminds us of Simon Peter and how Jesus prays for us:

But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."( Luke 22:32)

Our Saviour cares for us in our weakness!

I missed our own rich traditions… but I was deeply encouraged to see Daughter # 3 carrying on. Next year…

No comments: