Tuesday, June 12, 2012

At My Brother’s House

CIMG0006

On my way home to Eastford I stopped in at my brother Sam’s home in upstate New York. He was just back from Alaska and I thought he would tell me all about my father’s funeral.

Unfortunately, he had laryngitis and couldn’t speak except for an occasional hoarse whisper!

CIMG0020

But I enjoyed a few pleasant days with his family before heading on home to Eastford.

CIMG0092aI stayed there again on my way back to Canada. And this time I broke out my tea things – and borrowed a few of their things…

CIMG0096a

And we had a tea party!

There’s nothing quite like sitting around the table together. We gathered there the next morning, too. And although we never did look at the video of my father’s funeral together we did regale the children with a great many stories about “the old days!”

I will utter hidden things, things from of old - things we have heard and known, things our ancestors have told us. We will not hide them from their descendants; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done.

Psalm 78:2-4

No comments: