Monday, September 24, 2012

Why is it so hard…

… to go back to the beginning?

It is now over two weeks since I told our prayer partners that I was going to “go back to the beginning” this semester - and promised to write more about it here.

I haven’t yet written a single paragraph.

I’m wondering if I can go back to the beginning. In the instance I cited in my letter (apologies if you’re unfamiliar with the movie “Princess Bride”) Inigo is waiting for Vizzini:

Inigo:  …when a job went wrong, you went back to the beginning. And this is where we got the job. So it’s the beginning, and I’m staying till Vizzini comes.

As I pointed out to my daughter, Vizzini is dead, he’s not going to come.

Her only response was, “Inigo’s drunk. I hope you don’t intend to get drunk! (This was tongue in cheek as none of us drink!)

Well, I don’t know if I can go back to the beginning or not. However, the fall semester is coming up fast and I think that, before I decide what to do this semester, I need to remember what I was trying to do.

PB170177

University Students Retreat at ACC 2007

No comments: