Friday, February 15, 2013

Blessing # 2–Colleagues who care

Today as I left for home I had rather mixed feelings about leaving Daughter # 1 in snowbound Sapporo with 4 cabin-fevered pre-schoolers. The day started rather inauspiciously with sibling rivalry in full swing before breakfast.

I took the oldest two on a walk (to Lawson’s for milk) while the muffins were baking and the cool snow in all its fresh fallen beauty seemed to settle them. But before breakfast ended they were at it again.

At last sight my daughter was  trying to restrain her son from plunging into the road. (He wanted to ride in the taxi with me!)

The journey was pleasant - I listened to Audio Bible, Handel’s Messiah, Bill Staines and other favorites as the train chugged through a winter fairyland.

And at the other end my husband met me at the door of Shin Aomori Station with flowers, my favorite chocolate and an invitation to supper at one of our favorite restaurants.

But how was my daughter faring?

She phoned just after supper to say they’d had a good day after all. An OMF colleague of ours who works in her church had come for lunch and taken the older kids out to play so that she could get the housework done and take a nap.

Paul wrote to the Corinthians, “I was glad when Stephanas, Fortunatus and Achaicus arrived, because they have supplied what was lacking from you. For they refreshed my spirit and yours also. Such men deserve recognition.”

CIMG2576
Satsunae Lighthouse Church 

(Can you find us?)

I would like to recognize my colleague’s generosity today. She refreshed my daughter’s spirit and mine by supplying what I could not.

No comments: