Monday, February 25, 2013

Blessing # 9-Children’s children

Saturday as I crawled into bed well after midnight and realized I hadn’t written, this photo, taken at a wedding earlier in the day, leapt instantly to mind…

563163_414581495301364_1293383748_na

… along with the phrase “children’s children.”

The stove had died down and it was frigidly cold inside. It had been blizzarding all day.  (Two days later its still blizzarding.) So I’m afraid I  did not immediately leap out of bed to write up my blessing.

As I drifted off to sleep that night I was remembering Proverbs 17:6 “Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children.”

Today I’m thinking of another passage:

But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children -- with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.

- Psalm 103:17-18

No comments: