Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Love Kindness

2016-04-30 11.43.45

Saturday morning Daughter # 1 came down from Hokkaido for Golden Week with her 5 children. So although I have had many thoughts I’d like to share there really hasn’t been much time or leeway to express them here.

Conversation - though punctuated by childcare– has been stimulating. And centering. But yesterday by the time evening rolled around we adults were ready to fall into bed. (Unfortunately the children didn’t seem to share our fatigue!)

My husband and did manage to pray though – using the Prayer Mate app on my tablet – and I was struck by these words:

Our Heavenly Father.


We pray for OMF missionaries all over Asia. Preserve them from the harm that comes from ever changing leadership. Preserve them from competition with one another. Preserve them from bitterness. Preserve them from the desperation born of focusing on success and achievement. Help OMF missionaries everywhere to remember that all you require is that they do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with their God.


Please keep John and me alert to our own duties. Show us how to "do justice" wherever we are and may we always love kindness and walk humbly with You.


In the name of Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Amen.

And, as sleep overtook me, I reflected on the importance of kindness.

No comments: