Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A Place of Abundance

I was not in a good place today and this morning’s Bible readings really resonated. Psalm 27, Psalm 35, etc. In fact, I wanted to stand on a hill somewhere where I could shout to heaven, “Brandish spear and javelin…”  et cetera.

But instead I called someone who always points me back to God and His Sovereignty.

“You need to find your sufficiency in God, not people. It’s time for you to give not receive.” 

Ouch!

So I bought a chocolate bar, made a cup of tea and worked (a little) on letting go of my old life. I did not go out to garden in the rain. (His other suggestion.)

Tonight I’ve been looking at verses about abundance. God’s abundant goodness, grace, provision, peace and security. But I think the verses I liked best were these:

Bless our God, O peoples;

let the sound of his praise be heard,

who has kept our soul among the living

and has not let our feet slip.

For you, O God, have tested us;

you have tried us as silver is tried.

 

You brought us into the net;

you laid a crushing burden on our backs;

you let men ride over our heads;

we went through fire and through water;

 

YET you have brought us out

to a place of ABUNDANCE.

Psalm 66:8-12

We are still in the net and men are riding over our heads but one of these days He will bring us out of the net into a place of ABUNDANCE.

Yet even now God is blessing us.

2016-07-20 11.37.57

A world of grief and pain

Flowers bloom

Even then.

No comments: