Sunday, August 21, 2016

Making the World Beautiful

The green at Takayama where our grandchildren played this summer is very beautiful these days - a far cry from the soggy, mosquito ridden bog our older children played in years ago.

2016-08-13 16.40.43

It’s the work of my friend Wendy who, like the Lupin Lady, is busy making the world – or at least the Takayama corner of it - more beautiful. Wendy does it with hydrangeas and willow trees.

Although not the work of her hands there many other improvements for which she should probably get some credit.

06.08.07.TakStore (10)

The Store

05.08.14.Tak (4)

The Chapel

She’s done what I always wanted to do – made Takayama more beautiful.

But I think what I love best about her is how she loves our kids. Everybody’s kids really. But I’m especially grateful for how she’s been there for my kids when I couldn’t be.

06.08.26.GoodbyeSarah (6)

And been there for me, too.

I like the NIrV translation of Proverbs 17:17

A friend loves at all times.

He is there to help when trouble comes.

No comments: