Monday, February 12, 2018

Why You Don’t Need a Vision for Your Church

“Vision….  Remember when mission was all about vision statements? For all I know it still is…  But your church doesn’t need a vision – it already has one! Remember? ‘Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart.’”

And then we turned to Ephesians 4:1-17 where I was particularly struck by Paul’s words:  “I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.”  These words, as my husband reminded us, are God’s vision for our church.

HUMBLE.

GENTLE.

PATIENT.

BEARING WITH ONE ANOTHER IN LOVE.

I thought of similar words in Micah 6:8… 

1518360716633_image

Just, kind, humble, godly….  Does that describe us?

Lots to think about tonight.

Pastor Iwamatsu and his wife came down and joined us for the teatime afterward and I thought about it again. Just and humble integrity over pizzazz. Kindness over all…

I have always loved the camaraderie of an Sunday evening service and I love the Sunday PM English Service at Hirosaki Gospel Church!

No comments: