Thursday, March 24, 2005

Thinking like a Christian

This is a small part of what I wrote on the final day of the KGK Camp...

My real and lasting burden - the necessity that I am struck with at every turn - is the need to address the lack of a Christian world view. A Christian should think like a Christian. A Christian should talk like a Christian when he/she "sits at home and when [he/she] walks along the road, when [he/she] lies down and when [he/she] gets up." Deuteronomy 6:7

And all this talking in the natural course of life should make a (positive) impression on the children (again Deuteronomy 6:7) in the home.

Akiko, Shino, Mary and Yuri

I was astounded by the young man who wasn't sure if he has an hour's worth of discussion with his Christian parents in the course of a week. (I feel like he said a month, but we will be gracious... ) That's appalling!

I want to be part of inspiring this rising generation to do differently, to practice their Chrisitanity at home and everywhere, to eat and drink and do even the smallest things in life to the glory of God.

I'm tired of a little bit of Christian paint over worldy core values and I want to change that in my part of the world.

"What Should I Do? My Will and God's Will"

No comments: