Saturday, December 16, 2006

A cultural observation... no conclusion

Mary and I cooked 4 quiche, 2 pumpkin pies, 2 large chocolate cakes and 2 turkeys for the KGK (Christian University Students Club) Christmas Party tonight. And that was only part of the feast! It was a good turn out with various clubs participating.


20 kids from the A Capela Circle



Narinari advertising the birth of the Mandolin Club


And Harada back representing the Guitar Club

We ended (much later than planned) with a good message from Pastor Ogawa and lots of fellowship.

On the way home my German colleague said, "I spoke to that girl you pray with in Aomori. I think she's not a typical Japanese. She's more open." Japanese aren't open?!

I'd just been thinking about how much more open Daughter #3 is in Japanese. I had watched her earlier chatting animatedly with the various young men in turn. And she just looked like all the other (Japanese) girls chatting freely with everyone. But with Westerners... I wonder if I have EVER seen her chat that openly and animatedly with a young man?!

I've been thinking about this subject for several hours now. The young lady in question is loud. And she smiles a lot. But then I think that Aomori women can be a little loud... that is until I hear foreign men talking. Maybe my colleague meant the young lady is loud?

No comments: