Saturday, January 13, 2007

How Did I Get Here?!

Yesterday in one brief moment of inattention I drove off the road onto a curb where we were stuck for some time before being rescued by a tow truck. Now our car is off the road for an indefinite period.


How did I get HERE - where I didn't want to be?!

I've been thinking for a week now about the moral side of how people get where they don't want to be. And for a few brief minutes after my "little" accident I thought "Perhaps it really is just a moment's inattention.... a brief lapse at just the wrong moment. After all, that's what happened with me just now."

But on further reflection I realized that ISN'T how it happened. I was feeling ill and had been earnestly thinking about how much I wanted to be home in bed for at least half an hour. Wishing you are in bed is NOT a healthy state of mind for driving!


I looked healthy - but I wasn't!

Often people look alright. But really they are thinking thoughts that will eventually lead them where they don't want to be...

Above all else, guard your heart,

for it is the wellspring of life. Proverbs 4:23

No comments: