Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Blessings That Really Matter

I forgot to mention that my cell phone - the one that was so miraculously found and returned a couple of weeks ago - gave up the ghost last Thursday. During the Valentine Party I noticed it was behaving a bit strangely and while I was texting later that night it suddenly turned into a data volcano, then rolled over blank with a few dying ... gasps ... 起動中...起動中... 起動中...

The next day I wrote on Facebook - using my husband's b-less dinosaur because the week before my computer had gone to sleep ...permanently it seems... : Laurie wonders how many things can go wrong this winter... First our van, then my PC (if you want me don't email) and now my cell phone has rolled over blank.

The answer: a lot more!

But while its true that our mechanical "blessings" seem to be succombing to old-age and overuse at a great rate, I am still really very, very blessed with the blessings that really matter.

After all,


Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or
hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long;

we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


And we are doing alright... there's still Mary's car and the truck (and the dead van is almost paid for), my husband's b-less dinosaur is still going strong AND Leta (Daughter #2) was able to help me order a new computer because last year my husband thought I needed a bigger hard drive and put it in the budget for this year.

John says we can call it "Pink Panther"

Now if we can only figure out how to put car costs into the budget next year! :-)

No comments: