Thursday, April 10, 2008

Running Away

Back when things seemed so difficult I decided to "run away" - and for me that means Takayama Cabin 14. Of course, by the time I actually left Aomori the crisis was over and I didn't really need to get away but I decided to go anyway.


Its just an old cabin

With a rather unspectacular view of Matsushima...


But it has cool nooks...


And cozy corners...

And the most beautiful teapot
transported by my loving daughters all the way from Connecticut...

And best of all, there's tea with friends!

2 comments:

APLACEFORUS said...

Hi (I am friends with Yuko and Luke.. Luke knows my husband from Canada... just so you dont think I am a stalker.. hee hee)
What kinds of tea do you enjoy over in Japan? We get to order delicious oolong and dragon something or other teas over here once in a while.. Just wondered what you were enjoying!

Laurie Elliot said...

Hmmmm.... in a bottle? or hot? I have never seen so many kinds of bottled tea as they have here. But I usually stick to green or jasmine... oolong at a party. Hot I drink the requisite green tea, or black breakfast tea. I like my black tea with lots of (raw) ginger, milk and sugar. Chai we call it and we actually learned to make it from an MK who grew up in African and spent most of his early 20s doing short terms in Japan.