Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sunny Day in the Garden

I think it was raining when we left Aomori, but the weather during our brief sojourn at Takayama couldn't have been more splendid - all sunshine and blue, blue sky over the deep blue sea. I suppose we could have warmed ourselves in the sunshine on the Elliot veranda, but we soon found ourselves on the path to my friend's cabin. The view of the sea is somewhat more impressive from my friend's house.



Of course, I go for the company!


So I enjoyed the sunshine from Wendy's patio... Meanwhile Siqin was busy examining Wendy's rather extensive flower gardens.

It really is spring afterall!

3 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

Takayama is so beautiful!

Laurie Elliot said...

Oh yes! Takayama is BEAUTIFUL!

I kind of wish you had been there Matthew. Siqin and I have been reading Romans together in the mornings (family devotions before breakfast) and touching on some of the things I think of when I read a lot of your blog entries.

Matthew Celestine said...

Hey, theological issues.

Your pictures do bring back some memories.