Monday, July 20, 2009

I love my colleagues

Last night I thought again about how very blessed I am.

There were a few broad generalizations thrown around about Japanese churches... and although I couldn't articulate my thoughts very well last night and probably couldn't do much better if I tried today. I want to go on record as saying I have had very fortunate experiences in Japanese churches over the last 30 years. I have been deeply blessed by my Japanese colleagues.

With Kimiko and Osamu Ogawa at Hirosaki Church

We have so much in common with our present colleagues that some nights its really hard to stop talking and go home! We often linger to talk with them after the Sunday evening meeting of the English Fellowship at Hirosaki Church and it is a relief to be able to share our burdens with them and encourage each other.

I don't think a good church experience is about this or that culture being freer... I think its about understanding grace and being willing to be transparent.

1 comment:

Willardsdaughter said...

Amen to that!