Wednesday, March 07, 2012

# 11 Further education

Because its been so bitter cold and I have that bum knee, I’ve been staying pretty close to home the last couple of days. However, it’s a bit warmer tonight and it seemed like my knee might hold out so I made a precursory venture – a walk around the University of Toronto campus.

The architecture is splendid…. so very BEAUTIFUL! And I thought again, as I have thought many times - when I first saw the photo below for instance - that my son has finally attained his dream.

02-12-2011 6-14-46 PM

As a teen he always wanted to study at University of Cambridge or University of Harvard. And at University of Toronto he has it all – the old architecture, history, and the academic excellence. In fact,  Newsweek’s global rankings in 2011 put it right up there with Cambridge and Oxford.

Hirosaki University has neither the architectural beauty nor the academic ranking of U. of T! But it has its own beauty - I love looking down into the courtyard at the center of the Humanities building  - and, more importantly, my studies there have enriched my life. Japanese Literature, and  Chinese and German…  I feel very, very blessed.

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter;          to search out a matter is the glory of kings.   

-  Proverbs 25:2

No comments: