Tuesday, March 06, 2012

#10 Eagles wings – God’s strength

Just in case it isn’t yet clear, our Home Assignment with OMF is coming up in April and I have preceded my husband to Toronto by one month in order to help our son and daughter-in-law, Luke and Yuko Elliot.

They are hoping to return to Japan as missionaries this year but Yuko gave birth to their fourth child last month and Luke is working hard to finish up a Master’s Degree at Wycliffe College, University Toronto. So here I am hoping to that my bum knee doesn’t turn me into a liability instead of a help.

Josiah was born February 1 at 2:34pm and weighed in at 7lb13oz (3.54kg). At 12:15pm Yuko  as still at the museum with the family, so that gives you an idea of how quickly Josiah was born. Fortunately she was able to walk the quarter mile back to their apartment in time.

2012-02-04 2-30 PM smallJosiah 翼 (Tsubasa) Elliot. 

"Tsubasa" means "wings" in Japanese.  It is a reference to Isaiah 40:31:

But those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

I love those verses. But the promise has a condition  - it is for “Those who hope in the Lord.”

So I  hope in the Lord…  for healing for my knee (still buckling when I walk) and a car to rent or borrow during our Home Assignment. (A car would be decidedly more practical then an eagle… though the eagle’s wings have a certain appeal!)

And I am so grateful for all the experiences of God’s strength in my life that give me hope for renewed strength during these busy months.

2012-02-23 4-027

Josiah with Great-Grandma Elliot

No comments: