Saturday, March 10, 2012

# 14 Well Trained Children

 

2012-02-04 9-056

Tonight Yuko was out shopping in Kensington Market when the time came for Evening Prayers in Founder’s Chapel. So I took the 4 children by myself.

Faith conked out immediately but Grace and Judah were full of wiggles. I ended up balancing Judah on my lap with the baby. But even so, it was blessed half hour for me.

As everyone was departing after the service a professor leaned over and remarked that it wasn’t every grandmother that could bring her four grandchildren to chapel – that these were well trained children.

He’s right. it made me think of Proverbs 29:17

Discipline your children, and they will give you peace; they will bring you the delights you desire.”

Robbie Castleman’s Parenting in the Pew: Guiding Your Children Into the Joy of Worship, which I’m reading it this week, is a good resource. But it’s a new bookk. When I was raising my  children I got a lot of my ideas from Larry Christenson’s classic The Christian Family.

No comments: