Thursday, March 22, 2012

# 24 All creatures great and small

I took the kids to the Trinity campus again today and let them run. Judah loves the birds and squirrels. His pronunciation lacks clarity but his vocabulary now includes the word squirrel. And he announces each squirrel or bird he sees. (And then he toddles after them.)

I love the squirrels, too, with their soft, fluffy tails. We don’t often see squirrels  in Japan. I think I’ve only seen 2 in 33 years! 

And I love the birds. The city is full of birds… sparrows, of course! And robins, starlings, red-winged blackbirds (this surprised me!) and once in awhile a red cardinal. Sometimes I stop, blot all the city noises, and just listen to them singing.

It reminds me that I am worth more than a sparrow to the God whose eye is on the sparrows.

And the hymns start bubbling up… All things bright and beautiful (though I still can’t sing it properly), All Creatures of our God and King, and the one I really want to belt out I Sing the Mighty Power of God:

There’s not a plant or flower below,
But makes Thy glories known,
And clouds arise, and tempests blow,
By order from Thy throne;
While all that borrows life from Thee
Is ever in Thy care;
And everywhere that we can be,
Thou, God art present there
.

No comments: