Sunday, March 25, 2012

# 27 Children’s Children

This morning there was a baby shower for grandson Josiah Elliot and another little fellow born about the same time. The older little ones played nearby in the foyer while we adults chatted with one another in the Reading Room. Good food, good fellowship and then prayers for the wee babes.

I wonder how many times in the course of the morning I was called on to explain that I now have 9 grandchildren under the age of 6?

To tell the truth, it took me a while to cotton on to grand mothering…  I loved mothering! But it was a bit rough at first being relegated to the cheering squad. Its growing on me now.

I’ve always loved the Proverb:

Children's children are a crown to the aged,
and parents are the pride of their children.

- Proverbs 17:6

I don’t feel very aged just yet… but today I could relate to the concept of grandchildren as a crown. I love watching my own children parent – they are such good parents!  Time spent with their families enriches my life.

No comments: