Sunday, April 01, 2012

# 33 Auld Acquaintances

03.03.21.KGKSpringGashuku7

With Naomi at 2003 KGK Spring Retreat

Today my son’s family hosted the monthly Group Bible Study for Grace Toronto Japanese Church. I knew that I had previously met Naomi (above) through KGK, but today after supper we looked at old photos and reminisced.

It turned out that her first KGK camp experience (in 2002) was also my first. And in 2004 she was in the workshop on marriage that my husband and I led. Nearly eight years later she can still tell me what we talked about! She said that even though she had grown up in church it was the first time she had ever heard these things.

Since the reason I’m counting blessings is to counteract the sudden attack of “Has it been worth it?” blues I experienced late this winter, today’s conversation with Naomi was just what I needed.

…whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

-  Proverbs 11:25

No comments: