Sunday, July 24, 2016

A Continual Feast

Today Pastor Nakagawa’s message (from Genesis 35, “Return to Bethel”) was very good. I produced something like 15 pages of notes for our daughter’s WWOOFer. Rather interactive I’m afraid – I was doing a lot of reflecting.

I was particularly struck by one of his final points.

Summing up his theme – we will never be without troubles in this life – he cited Proverbs 15:15.

1469364764003_image

Pastor Nakagawa pointed out that we want to think that there are two kinds of people - those who have it easy and those who have it hard. But that isn’t the case. We all experience both trial and blessing.  Often at the same time!

It brought to mind another verse I’ve been thinking about lately. “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.” Psalm 23:5.

Even in times of affliction life is a rich feast. We just need to partake.

No comments: