Thursday, December 13, 2018

Literacy begins here

The other day for some reason Facebook reminded me of “The most commented on post of 2016”…  not sure why they picked that year. But it was a rather noteworthy post and I almost posted it again.

I like the Facebook “Memories” component. Its fun to look back. Its also helpful. It puts the present into perspective.

Looking at old photos, and rereading old letters, diaries, etc.  There is  something about looking back at where we’ve been helps us to refocus and keep going.

Looking ahead is good, too.

I did that the other day.

After limping a long for a year I finally decided to devote this semester to upping my reading level. With that end in view I started an intense Kanji course at the beginning of October with the object of becoming actually literate.

Last week I took a long hard look at the course and at the calendar, made some calculations, recalculated my pace and set the goal a little more firmly.

2019 MARCH 9th

A few days later a serious tumble on a patch of icy road gave me cause to wonder if I’d been scuttled again. But I’m back on it today!

And praying to make that end date of March 9th. 

But my real prayer is that it will really be the beginning!

No comments: