Sunday, January 14, 2007

"Ah Matsushima ya, Matsushima ya"

I'm feeling better now. And I'm also feeling like I ought to get some mileage out of that unfortunate trip to Matsushima.


Matsushima
- known as one of the three most scenic sights in Japan

It looks much more scenic seen from above

- unfortunately the "Panoramic Drive" is closed for the winter!

We never seem to be able to afford a boat ride!




And we don't do temples and shrines...



So we walked...


And checked out all the souvenir shops...


... and played around a bit!


And of course we ate fish sausage and drank tea
in the little shop where we always go.


And I only have these photos because Daughter #3
was playing with the camera
(I haven't included all her "artsy" shots.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie
at least you had nice weather ther in Matsushima. When we were there it was misty - bad weather to visit one of the most scenic sights, but we only had that one day... So I enjoy your pictures with the better view.

Laurie Elliot said...

Yes, it WAS a beautiful day. The sky was so blue and the air just that perfect crispness that makes walking a pleasure.

And we kept bumping into a tourist group from Hong Kong which livened things up. (China is one of my passions in life.)

Anita Clement said...

Hi Laurie,

I love the pictures and daughter #3's beautiful smile. Such a beautiful day and such beautiful scenery. Thank you for sharing. This is such a nice way to feel closer to you.