Thursday, February 21, 2013

Blessing # 6–God of Grace

“A couple of things surprised me. I just didn’t expect anyone who didn’t eat pork to be listening to Bob Marley!” 

Fallen man, different measuring rods… How often in life we think, “How could they?!"

Without the grace of God – and grace to one another! – where would we be?!

This came home to me again as we took in Les Miserables at the Cinema this morning. I don’t think anyone could miss the contrast of law and grace in this film. But it especially struck me after discussing Titus 3:3-8 in prayer meeting last night

And I want you to stress these things - the KINDNESS and LOVE of God our Saviour, the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he POURED OUT on us GENEROUSLY- so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good.

It brings me back to that thought in the new(old) hymn we sang last Sunday:

Therefore, kind Jesus,

SINCE I CANNOT PAY THEE,

I DO ADORE THEE…

No comments: